SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#167883 - 03/15/03 07:14 AM Tyros\9000 Voice Patches to Sequencer.
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Tyros\9000 Voice Patches to Sequencer.
When recording out to a PC sequence....take Cakewalk or Cubase as an example, nether the Tyros or 9000 appear to send out voice patch numbers.

Recording on the internally on the boards easy record and saving as a midi file then the patch numbers are there.

Can other forum members please give some feedback.

Graham UK

#167884 - 03/15/03 07:29 AM Re: Tyros\9000 Voice Patches to Sequencer.
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Graham:
I find the "internal recording method" making a Midi file and loading on to the sequencer via floppy is far too good to ignore. It sure simplifies the recording process. Going directly from the KB to the sequencer via MIDI is not impossible but far more "cumbersome" and time cosumming; and yes, you do have the problem of the "real time system information" not being delivered as it should, all causing confusion and waste of time. I stick with the KB "internal" recording method. I don't even have a MIDI out cable conected from The KB to the PC.
Playback from Cakewalk or Cubase to the KB is usually not a problem.
Regards,
Mario

[This message has been edited by Mario (edited 03-15-2003).]

#167885 - 03/17/03 12:15 AM Re: Tyros\9000 Voice Patches to Sequencer.
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I'm reporting back that I have solved my Patch Recording problem from 9000Pro into Cakewalk. The answer lies that once Cakewalk is in Record standby mode, select the style & Arrangement then OTS, by pressing these the patches are then sent to cakewalk.
Before I was selecting the required arrangements before putting Cakewalk into record consequently no patches were being sent.

Graham UK

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 03-17-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online